WHY CAR WELDING?
There are various reasons why some cars need to go through the process of welding. A car that inadvertently got in an accident may need to re-shape the damaged body to its original shape. Some frames, panels, or arcs may get distorted as the result of the auto accidents may also need re-shaping, reconstruction, straightening, or total replacement. Due to the age of a car, some parts got worn out as a result of weather elements; this also calls for a car welding. Some gears like welding helmets are needed when welding. Welding helmets can help you get a?fine control and makes?more arcs and flashes it can detect?when welding
TYPES OF CAR WELDING
Car welding is carried out depending on what to be done on the car. This can be
? limited to only the body of the car,
? in the interior of the car,
? underneath a car,
? it could be both exterior, interior, and underneath the car. This almost comprehensive type of car welding is often required for cars that involved in serious auto accidents
There are four (4) major types of car welding processes. This totally depends on the types of welding work required, the expertise of the technician, and some other determining factors. Each of types depends on the technique it uses.
Here is a list of the best welder?s equipment for car welding around:
? Hobart 500559 Handler 140 Wire Welder.
? Forney 324 190-Amp MIG/Stick/TIG Multi-Process Welder.
? LOTOS TIG200 Welder.
? LONGEVITY Migweld 140 ? 140 Amp Mig Welder.
SOME NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS DURING CAR WELDING:
Car welding is a daily occurrence in our daily life. There are necessary precautions required to avoid doing damages to the electronic system of the car due to electric surges during the process. Apart from harming the car electronic system, the incident of a fire outbreak needs to be guided against. Switching on and of the welding equipment can create an electromagnetic field, which can cause great harm to the electronic system. Components that need total protection during a welding process include the air-bag system; alternator; engine-management system; musical system; car alarm and, other necessary sensors.
1. Remove or disconnect the battery earth: this can help to safeguard the electronics during the course of welding, but this may not be the best safety precaution. Even when the battery terminal is disconnected, an electromagnetic field still arises during the switching off of the equipment. This can result in a surge harmful to the electronic systems.
2. Disconnect and remove the whole electronic systems in the car. This is a best necessary precaution. This put all the system out of reach of any surge during the welding exercise. Then, you simply re-fix them properly after the welding is over.
3. The best safety measure is to procure a surge protection device. This could be a bit expensive, but it offers almost the best guarantee.
4. Inspect and confirm the state of the car and the electronic system with your customer or your technician before and after the work is done. This is to prevent some undue disputes thereafter.
5. Finally, the safety of the technician and other personnel nearby must be taken into consideration.
Car welding is a lucrative business for a welding technician as this can earn him an annual income of between $29,730 and $44,970. The car owner to gets the best of his car after a car welding service.